E-Soochna Kiosk (Touch Screen)
A Right to Information Centre ’E-Soochna’ has been made functional at the Deputy Commissioner Office, Kullu on 29th March, 2007. Here an effort has been done to integrate e-Governance with Right to Information.
Under this Centre, following three main activities have been started:
a) e-Soochna Touch Screen Kiosk
b) Public Information Display Boards
c) Right to Information Document
a) e-Soochna TOUCH SCREEN KIOSK
A Touch Screen Kiosk has been installed containing various kinds of vital information for use by public. The Touch Screen Kiosk can be accessed for having information of the following kinds -
- Himachal Pradesh - Achievements
- Kullu district at a glance
- List of Panchayati Raj representatives of three tiers (Zila Parishad, Panchayat Samiti, Gram Panchayat) alongwith their addresses
- Rural Development Schemes of the Govt. of India and Govt. of HP - their objectives, modalities, procedures etc.
- Panchayat-wise list of ongoing rural development schemes alongwith their head, sanction date, sanctioned amount, amount spent till date and present progress of the scheme
- Administration and Police details
- Right to Information - it contains
i) The Right to Information Act, 2005 and HP Right to Information Rules, 2006
ii) List of Public Information Officers and Asstt. Public Information Officers of District Kullu
iii) Voluntary Disclosure Document of Deputy Commissioner Office, Kullu
- Blood Donors List
- Tourism in Kullu - important places, temples, tourist guide etc.
- Details of Driving Licences etc.
- Details of Vehicle Registration etc.
- Red Cross - main activities, projects etc.
- Shortly, other important things like the Voter List, BPL list etc. are also being added in the Touch Screen.
b) PUBLIC INFORMATION DISPLAY BOARDS
Various Display Boards have been put up inside and outside the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Kullu and all the four offices of Sub-Divisional Magistrates (Kullu, Manali, Banjar, Anni) and all the 5 offices of the Block Development Officers (Kullu, Banjar, Anni, Nirmand, Naggar) of the district Kullu. These Display Boards contain vital information required by public for use in getting their works done from the offices.
Mainly, Display Boards have been put up containing the following information -
- District Kullu at a glance
- Sub-Division at a glance
- Block at a glance
- Right to Information - how to access, PIO/APIO of that office, procedure etc.
- Check list for registration of Motor Vehicles
- Arms Licenses - Procedures, Fees etc. for new license, renewal, duplicate license etc.
- Important information about Elections, Voter Lists, important forms and Electoral Photo Identity Cards
- Check list of documents required for various kinds of certificates
(income, domicile, caste, character, unemployed, legal heirs etc.)
- Documents required for issue of various licenses/renewal/duplicate licenses etc.
- Schedule of fees for various kinds
c) Right to Information Document
A Right to Information Document in respect of Deputy Commissioner, Kullu has been prepared in compliance to the requirements of Section 4(1)(b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005. This Document is available for access by common public.
These Right to Information Documents have also been prepared for all the 5 Block Development Offices also.
MAIN BENEFITS OF THE ABOVE INITIATIVES
- Easy and cost-free availability of vital and useful information to the common public
- Increase in transparency
- Enhanced efficiency in the working of the administration at the cutting edge level of government
- Saving in the time of the common public in getting their work done
- Saving in the time of the staff of the office
- Monitoring over the progress of the development schemes in various Panchayats of the district.
This ’E-Soochna’ Right to Information Centre will act as a one-stop-solution not only for providing important information to the common public in respect of various works done from government offices but also of the important development activities and their progress.